On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 22:49:17 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/java/awt/dnd/RejectDragDropActionTest.java line 88:
>>
>>> 86:
>>> 87:         try {
>>> 88:             Robot robot = new Robot();
>>
>> To reduce the initial delay, you may override `Frame.paint` and `countDown`
>> a latch after calling `super.paint`. Once the latch is released, you create
>> robot and start testing.
>
> Sure can do. Is this to replace the initial `waitForIdle` after robot's
> creation? So, remove the `waitForIdle` and add `latch.await()` before robot's
> creation?

I'm not sure it's the right idea. If a paint occurred, it means the frame
should be displayed on the screen. Yet it does not account for window
animations. Perhaps, it does not make sense to introduce more complications
which could be not as reliable.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16018#discussion_r1345652111