On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 06:49:39 GMT, vtstydev <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/ImagePrinting/AlphaPrintingOffsets.java
>> line 73:
>>
>>> 71:             System.out.println("Printer not configured or available."
>>> 72:                     + " Test cannot continue.");
>>> 73:             PassFailJFrame.forcePass();
>>
>> I guess it is now being preferred to throw jtreg.SkippedException instead of
>> forcePass for printers not available scenarios?!
>
> PrintGlyphVectorTest, ClippedImages use `PassFailJFrame.forcePass();`
> I guided these samples.
> If you want I to to use `throw` istead. ok.

I guess those are old tests which need to be migrated to the new
SkippedException semantics...
java/awt/print/PrinterJob/PageRangesDlgTest.java is relatively newer migrated
test..and since it is mentioned in the test that it needs physical printer to
reproduce and PDF printer will not do, then no point making it pass if physical
printer is not present, that is my opinion

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17030#discussion_r1472461455