On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 07:24:32 GMT, Tejesh R <t...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/swing/FilePane.java line 1321:
>>
>>> 1319:
>>> 1320:         // TAB/SHIFT-TAB should transfer focus and ENTER should
>>> select an item.
>>> 1321:         // We don't want them to navigate within the table
>>
>> what was the original purpose of this code? it seems like the code was
>> placed here for a reason but maybe it's no longer relevant?
>
> Yes, I hope now it is safe to remove these lines. Since TAB/SHIFT navigation
> is rejected with this
> [fix/line](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blame/5528ad74902fa4f4ec621d70e7e7d85f4ac1d780/src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/swing/FilePane.java#L1314)
>  which is further handled in BasicTableUI class
> ([Here](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blame/7b38bfea331437ad99277032de7fce939303abc8/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicTableUI.java#L679)).

So far what I have seen in native windows filechooser, it seems TAB moves the
focus outside the table so long we are not editing the tablecell(to top of Name
column and then to textfield) in "Details" mode and NOT within the table cells,
which is what is being expected here...
If we are to follow the native behaviour, then I guess this should be closed as
"Not an issue" unless I am missing something..

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19725#discussion_r1642451496