On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:10:59 GMT, Renjith Kannath Pariyangad
<rkannathp...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/macosx/CPrinterJob.java line 225:
>>
>>> 223:             if (isRangeSet) {
>>> 224:                 attributes.add(new PageRanges(from+1, to+1));
>>> 225:                 attributes.add(SunPageSelection.RANGE);
>>
>> why was this attribute added, and why is it being removed now? is the bug in
>> SunPageSelection?
>
>> why was this attribute added, and why is it being removed now? is the bug in
>> SunPageSelection?
>
> I am not sure why this attribute added, but noticed for other OS's this
> workflow will be taken care by _RasterPrinterJob_ . With this attribute
> application pass through range and ended up in invalid page printing range.

This attribute is usually set, it should be set, I think.

The proposed changeset does resolve the problem where some pages are missing
from printouts, but I cannot find a reasonable explanation as to why the
problem goes away.

On the unmodified version, I tried adding traces into the printing code on
macOS, the range of pages that's passed to the native code is correct, but the
result is wrong number of pages pages printed if the first page is equal or
greater than 2.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19740#discussion_r1647963800