On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 12:11:21 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> The no-arg constructor BasicSliderUI() was added under
>> [JDK-8250852](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8250852) by mistake. This
>> constructor should be deprecated for removal in future release
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Add forRemoval

src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicSliderUI.java line
153:

> 151:     /**
> 152:      * Constructs a {@code BasicSliderUI}.
> 153:      * @deprecated This constructor will be removed in future release

Sounds reasonable enough. It's what happened, isn't it? It's the reason why
we're deprecating it and planning to remove it.

Suggestion:

     * @deprecated This constructor was added by accident. Do not use it.
     *             This constructor will be removed in a future release.

There are comments that say this method shouldn't have been public.

On the other hand, there are quite a few methods and classes in the list of
terminally terminated elements which don't say anything at all.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19819#discussion_r1649309588