On Tue, 6 Oct 2026 23:00:28 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <[email protected]> wrote:

>> We currently disable the unused-variable warning in BUILD_LIBAWT for 
>> gcc/clang, this should be avoided.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> src/java.desktop/share/native/common/awt/debug/debug_trace.h line 65:
> 
>> 63: 
>> 64: /* each file includes this flag indicating module trace status */
>> 65: #if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__clang__)
> 
> Just wonder, is this is common pattern we use in jdk? seems most of the time 
> we want to check the "__GNUC__" and NOT "__clang__", since __GNUC__ is 
> defined by the clang?

Not sure if there is a common pattern. I can change to GNUC if this is more 
common, should I ?

> src/java.desktop/unix/native/libawt/awt/awt_LoadLibrary.c line 54:
> 
>> 52: static void *awtHandle = NULL;
>> 53: 
>> 54: typedef jint JNICALL JNI_OnLoad_type(JavaVM *vm, void *reserved);
> 
> After the patch is this one unused? Why is not it detected by the compiler?

It is just a typedef, I think our set of warnings does not care about it. But 
we can remove it if it is of no use any more.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33200#discussion_r4204613678
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33200#discussion_r4204638663

Reply via email to