I just browsed Stuart's wonderful book.  Lots of great stuff, which I
will enjoy working though

However, I didn't find a section that talks about how to do
non-functional stuff in Clojure.  Might be a good section to add for N00Bs

For example, I'm implementing my Mastermind game.  I want to prompt the
user, read a value, change the state of the game, iterate...

For example

Guess 1   >> Blue, Blue, Green, Red
Response << 1 Black, 2 White
Guess 2   >> Blue, Green, Red, White
Response << ...

At some point, almost all interesting programs read input, change state
and generate output.  What is the Clojure way?

Peter