Driving ant from Clojure would be cool. I like the syntax of rake (but
I don't use ruby)
and started working on something similar. I also wanted to look at
ant's internals
to reuse some of its code (probably).

Here's what I'm working towards (taken from a presentation about
rake):

(task :build [:generate-html :copy-images])

(task :generate-html [:create-direcories]
          (sh "someFile.exe --switch params "))

(task :copy-images [:create-direcories]
          (cp "pics/rake.gif" "html/images/rake.gif")
          (cp "pics/x.jpg" "html/images/x.jpg"))

(task :create-direcories
          (mkdir "html")
          (mkdir "html/images"))

Rake scripts look pretty simple and that is my goal, but I think it's
possible
to make ant simpler by getting the syntax right.

-- Roland