On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've created a patch for the clojure source that does the following:
>
> - Adds a minimal site build, with links to the main Clojure web site
> (http://clojure.org)
> - Generates a source JAR to go with the binary JAR
> - Generates JavaDoc for the project site  (if profile "javadoc" is enabled)
> - Adds a Maven profile, "ci", for a nightly continuous integration
> build, to deploy Maven artifacts to a local Maven repository
>
> This is based on icky Maven stuff I wrote for Tapestry a year or so ago.
>
> I'm also in the process of revamping tapestry.apache.org to make it
> more of a project hosting site; it will (soon) have Bamboo (continuous
> integration server),
> Confluence (Wiki), JIRA (Issue Tracking) and SVN.  I could set up a
> post-commit and nightly build for Clojure at any time.  This has
> served the Tapestry community quite well, giving people easy access to
> latest-and-greatest snapshots and (JavaDoc) documentation.
>

> Note that the clojure-logo.png file must be stored in
> src/site/resources/images.

Interesting, thanks. I'm left wondering about Maven support.

Maven is not the build system for Clojure, Ant is. Early on, someone who
wanted to use maven contributed a pom.xml, but it can get stale.

Recently, some enhancements made it into build.xml. Are they reflected in
this patch?

Personally, I think the best thing would be to get rid of pom.xml - it just
confuses people as to how to build Clojure, which is:

ant clean
ant

I know people get religious about these build systems, but I just don't have
time for it. Clojure is a tiny, simple thing.

That said, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on how best to have a single
build system of record (Ant) and satisfy Maven users?

Rich