I was playing around earlier while following Mark Engelberg's blog
post, and I found that to my surprise, when I exhaust the heap
(java.lang.OutOfMemoryError), it basically fails to pop up the window
that gives me the exception (where you can normally abort or throw the
cause), and the REPL itself only shows "; Evaluation aborted" and is
non-responsive (sometimes it will show the exception in the REPL
itself).

In order to resolve this, I've tried the following steps:

- update swank-clojure to latest
- update SLIME to latest
- update clojure itself to latest

None of these help.

Other exceptions I've deliberately caused, such as an NPE, work as
expected with SLIME. Can anyone else reproduce this behavior ? In the
past, specifically when playing with filter, I have exhausted the heap
many times with clojure, and SLIME has always worked perfectly - I'm
not sure when this behavior was introduced but I haven't been able to
track down exactly when it started happening.