On Jan 15, 8:42 am, "Mark H." <mark.hoem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:29 pm, chris <cnuern...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For a completely different way of doing this, you could certainly use
> > GPGPU programming to speed this up.
> > You want this for a game engine anyway; do it in opengl or directx
> > using shaders.
>
> I recommend OpenCL or CUDA instead for less pain ;-)  (Well, maybe not
> for you -- I tried doing stuff with OpenGL and some language called CG
> in 2006 and it was a world of pain.)
>
> What's the target frame rate?

For me, fast enough that the smoke looks smokey :) I'm just playing
around, saw this article about "fluid dynamics for games" and thought
it looked fun to try to implement in clojure. There is no planned
project that this needs to fit into.

OpenCL/CUDA might be a next step to see what the performance
improvement would be, but right now I just want to see if it could
be done in pure clojure.
--
 -asbjxrn