A final update:

https://github.com/cemerick/nREPL has been reconstituted as described
previously, and a release candidate has been deployed to maven central
with contents effectively identical to the latest tools.nrepl release
(only difference is an ipv6-related bugfix that was encountered in the
process of setting up travis ci).

This is all to say that things are underway! I'll stop posting updates
here, so if you're interested, you can continue to track
https://github.com/cemerick/nREPL/issues/1 for the final first release,
and the issue tracker on github is also now populated with things from
JIRA that will get burned down prior to a 1.0.0 release.

All the best,

- Chas