> The contrib process is in place because some want it that way - it's very
> deliberately by design and AFAICT unlikely to change.

Are you saying the contrib process is deliberatly made to be difficult for the
community to contribute to it?

If so, maybe if it had more obvious tenets, I find its difficult as a user to
understand what the contribs are for, who maintains them, what their status
are, and how they differ to the standards library, or other community projects.

I can't contribute to OSS, because of my current employment, but as a non
contributing Clojure user, I've always wondered how much I should rely on
contribs, some of them seem quasi-abandonned, yet they appear more official,
and it makes it hard for me to decide if I want to take a dependency on them or
not.

In a way, an active project gives me more trust, and if taking nRepl out of
contrib makes it more active, that's a good thing. Unless contrib libs come
with any official support guarantees, or some form of stronger commitments?