There are hybrid options available in the form of
https://github.com/clj-python/libpython-clj -- I am one of the primary
authors of this tool.

One pathway perhaps is to use clojure to do your scraping and orchestration
(and frontend display) and just use python from command line scripts to do
some ml.

For Clojure and data science there is SciCloj: https://scicloj.github.io/

My opinion is that learning Clojure independent of data science  is a
worthy and substantial task - functional programming, the JVM, Java,
Clojurescript, Reagent are all pretty big subjects.  libpython-clj has a
new-to-clojure
<https://github.com/clj-python/libpython-clj/blob/master/docs/new-to-clojure.md>
page that lists some resources for helping with this.

Happy to help more and really happy to see new people.  I think Gary's
response is spot on and just wanted to elaborate that we have tools that
are specifically designed for helping people transition from Python to
Clojure without needing to walk away from their Python knowledge base.

Chris