Concering your quote "my interest in programming is not limited to data
science/ML...I  am potentially interested in building apps": my repository
https://github.com/kloimhardt/bb-web has a set of examples, starting with a
10 line html file (directly containing Clojure code to be edited, no
compiler needed) up to a quite sophisticated web-app example. Could not be
farther away from Datascience/ML though. It just tries to lower Clojure's
entry bar for the curious.