Hi,

Am 16.03.2009 um 22:19 schrieb Elena:

On 16 Mar, 21:57, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree that it's not difficult. But, at least in my own experience, it's
not the second step to cleaning up my programs.

I generally try to get code that works, even if in a not really good looking shape. Then I refactor if it is really ugly-looking, or when I see the
possibility to factorize between several functions.

So I end up with more general functions, but still, I'm not sure if they deserve their own lib. And maybe they're just general enough for the purpose
of the functions of my current file.

It's in a third time, when I want to share code between several namespaces,
that libraries in their own namespace show up.

So I think there's room for what I suggested, because the step to seperate functions into libs by a criteria of level of abstraction does not appear
that fast in my programming cycle.

You have just described my way of churning out code for fast
prototypes and ad-hoc programs. Abstractions and cleaning up come
later, once I've understood the task at hand better.

Sometimes, I don't understand you guys. You claim that you have
to develop bottom-up, when in fact you do top-down. I really don't
see the problem with the current behaviour...

Sincerely
Meikel