I keep coming into situations where I'd like a let in the middle of my
cond.  I often do a couple of tests, then would like to lock down some
symbols that I'll use frequently in the remaining cases.

There's a precedent for this, in that the for macro allows a :let as
an alternative to a list interpolation term.

I'm working on my own implementation of cond to support this and would
like to see it in core.

Thoughts?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship