On Nov 19, 10:22 am, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> Shantanu Kumar <kumar.shant...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Is any IDE support planned for this? As it turns out, many people
> > (including me) stick with Ant just because the IDE support is
> > fantastic.
>
> I have no plans myself, but if writing the pom is not sufficient a
> plugin could be written. I've never used an IDE, so I don't know what
> kind of features people expect. Tests and compilation should be easy to
> do without a build tool (at least it is Emacs), so are you just looking
> for a button on a toolbar for each of lein's tasks?
>
> I must confess I don't understand the "avoid the command-line" mindset
> at all, so I need a little extra explanation.

I don't use Maven, so can't tell about that. This is how an Ant view
looks like in Eclipse (list of build targets):
http://www.easyscreens.info/?v=5109

You can right-click on a build target and run / debug it from the
context menu. Double-clicking a target instantly runs it. Debugging
(stepping through breakpoints etc) is something that may be hard to do
from command line, especially for a large code base.

Regards,
Shantanu