On Nov 19, 8:50 am, Martin DeMello <martindeme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
>
> > I must confess I don't understand the "avoid the command-line" mindset
> > at all, so I need a little extra explanation.
>
> It's a matter of context switching. If I'm working in an IDE, I want
> to compile the code without having to open a new window just to type
> 'ant' or whatever in.
>
> martin

I'm sure it's unnecessary to mention this but I think it's a good idea
to keep the tool working on the command line without any fuss just
like ant or maven. That way it will always work regardless of
environment (e.g. on a continous integration server). IDE frontends
can be made separately and independent of the tool itself.