Rob Wolfe <r...@smsnet.pl> writes:

> I did it like this (I assume that clojure-mode.el has been installed):

Thanks, Rob. I followed your instructions after not being able to get
Clojure to cooperate with my normal Swank/SLIME installation, and it
works, but only to a point: The SLIME REPL buffer (invoked via the
function `slime-repl') falls out of step with the *inferior-lisp*
buffer.

This never happens to me when using SLIME with a Common Lisp, such as
CLISP. Here, Clojure starts up just fine in the *inferior-lisp* buffer,
but the SLIME REPL doesn't seem to connect properly. Maybe it connects
at the network level, but each form entered in the SLIME REPL yields
messages like this in the minibuffer:

,----
| ; pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "
`----

That's a sign that the REPL is sending commands to the SWANK back-end,
but it's not receiving a timely response. Meanwhile, the Clojure REPL in
the *inferior-lisp* buffer remains responsive.

Trying to evaluate Clojure forms from a buffer other than the REPL (via,
say, `C-x e', usually doesn't work. There's no error reported, but none
of the resulting values display in the minibuffer, and any definitions
evaluated there have no apparent side effect on the Clojure REPL
available in the *inferior-lisp* buffer.

I've also noticed that the SLIME "presentations" feature doesn't work
with Clojure. That may be a symptom of the SLIME REPL not meeting up
properly with the Clojure REPL.

--
Steven E. Harris