"Steven E. Harris" <s...@panix.com> writes:

> This is the only content in the *slime-events* buffer while I'm waiting
> for the connection to complete:
>
> ,----[ *slime-events* buffer ]
> | (:emacs-rex
> |  (swank:connection-info)
> |  "COMMON-LISP-USER" t 1)
> `----

I also confirmed that `slime-set-connection-info' isn't being called
until after the long lag, which means that the REX above is part of
what's hanging. Either the Swank side isn't receiving the request or
it's not responding from the SLIME function `connection-info' in
file basic.clj.

The hang can be well /before/ this point too, but I've at least
established that it's not after `slime-set-connection-info'.

My next step will be to instrument the Swank side to see when
`connection-info' is being called.

--
Steven E. Harris