The people have spoken! The trims have it!

Stu

I've done Perl coding and I still mix up chomp and chop. The meaning
of trim, ltrim, and rtrim is immediately clear to me.

trim, ltrim, and rtrim could take an optional argument for characters
to strip:

   (rtrim foo) ;; strip trailing whitespace
   (rtrim foo "\r\n") ;; equivalent to chomp

If clojure.contrib.string/butlast actually mirrored clojure.core/
butlast, it would do the same as chop (c.c.s/butlast requires an extra
arg).

Justin