Hi Brian,

(1) Other than split-lines, what other non-promoted fns do you think are common
enough to deserver promotion?

(2) upper-case and lower-case are there for symmetry with capitalize. It's a
judgment call, but one I am still comfortable with.

(3) nil-handling is on the list of things to be sorted out before the patch is
approved.

Thanks!

Stu