On 19 June 2010 16:43, David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Most real world programs". You mean like Clojure itself?
> Please look over the implementation of gvec before making statements like
> this:

Surely Clojure's internals are a *very* special case though... I
wouldn't find it particularly worrying if they turned out to require
some hinting.

I suppose even Ruby 1.8 must have its fair share of full-speed C math
under the hood (disclaimer: I'm not a Rubyist though, so I never cared
to check), which has nothing to do with the performance of math in
user programmes, which is what I interpreted Mike's statement to be
referring to.

Sincerely,
Michał