I tried it on my program. Very few arithmetic, most of it with annotation.
10%.
On an arithmetic benchmark, it would be in te *10/*20 range.
This 10% is orthogonal to what profiling shows. It just makes a lot of
little improvements spread everywhere.
That's why it couldn't be solved with annotation.