On Jul 5, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Laurent PETIT wrote:
> Sorry if I offensed you by suggesting you didn't "get" the virtues of
> homoïconicity ! I would love to hear details on what a good structure
> editor (not just a semi-editor like paredit) looks like !

No offense taken. I'll see if I can find any more about the Interlisp-D
structure editor... but again it's possible that its virtues are in my
imagination, the products wishful false memory.

I guess what I was getting at, though, is that while I appreciate
structure-oriented editing conceptually, and would love to have
structure-oriented editing support, that's a different beast from "partial yet
mandatory," structure-based editing that prevents one from typing free-form
when one wants to. I'm pretty sure I'll always prefer free-form text editing
(with auto-indenting and syntax coloring and sure, structure-based commands
that are available but not mandatory) to the partial, mandatory type of system.

> BTW, if you feel like you could help improve the documentation of some
> parts of ccw on the wiki or the Eclipse online help, you're very
> welcome :-)

I will try to do so as I become more confident that I know what I'm talking
about!

Thanks,

 -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspec...@hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/