At the Bay Area user group meeting in June, there was a very
interesting discussion about how to best use Clojure's concurrency
primitives to field large numbers of concurrent requests, especially
in a long-poll/push type application.  We didn't arrive at any solid
conclusion, but it was clear to everyone that a thread-per-request
model is especially gratuitous for a language like Clojure.

With this in mind, I decided to make the thinnest possible wrapper
around Netty such that a person could play around with alternate ways
to use Clojure effectively.  The result can be found at
http://github.com/ztellman/aleph.

I've just discovered another Netty wrapper was released this weekend
(http://github.com/datskos/ring-netty-adapter), but it's somewhat
different in its design and intent; it couples the request and
response to allow for seamless interop with Ring.

Anyways, I hope some people find this interesting.  Clojure doesn't
seem to have found its own voice w.r.t. web development; hopefully we
can work together to fix that.