The site looks very nice, I especially like the "find real world
examples" functionality and the fact that it collects documentation
for common non-core libraries as well.

I made my own cheat sheet for private use over the past month or so,
core functions only. It's at the 80% stage, I don't expect it will
ever be 100%, but I have found it useful:
http://faustus.webatu.com/clj-quick-ref.html

It is loosely inspired by the Ruby QuickRef
http://www.zenspider.com/Languages/Ruby/QuickRef.html
which I found tremendously useful.

The experience has told me that good documentation is a lot of work,
and I can see why people writing books want to get paid for their
efforts :)

So I appreciate the community aspect of your site. I expect that
managing a community is just as much (or more) of a challenge than the
technical aspects, but if you can get it working it can scale in a way
that no private effort can.

On Jul 11, 11:23 am, zkim <zachary....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > (3) +1 on making it very easy to see which version of an API
> > you are looking at. This should be both at the top level (some
> > way to say "show me 1.1") and on a per-var basis, reading
> > the :added metadata.
>
> This is something I'd like to discuss in-depth on the new google group
> (http://groups.google.com/group/clojuredocsorg).  It is something that
> I'd really like to see, but I haven't worked through the
> implementation details in my head (multiple versions stored per var
> vs. diffs stored, UI around this, etc).

I would like to see this as well. In the short term I think the way
the official doc does it, just listing the "Since Clojure x.y"
metadata tag, works well enough.

I can't really see the benefit of listing the source code for the
function so prominently - in most cases I look up documentation to
find out how to use a function, not how to implement it. I would
suggest leaving it in a collapsed state initially.

I am missing some form of logical grouping, like "operations on
vectors".
Much of the benefit I get from using my own cheat sheet rather than
the official documentation is that I can zoom in on for example the
dozen or so operations that apply to agents (under "Concurrency" in my
cheat sheet) rather than wading through hundreds of names that may or
may not be relevant to what I am looking for.

All in all a great initiative, and I hope there will be room for some
level of grouping beyond "alphabetically" and "by namespace".

Regards

jf