26 pm, Shantanu Kumar <kumar.shant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested to know what deficiencies do you see in present state
> of affairs in Clojure web development space. It would be something
> useful to discuss.

I think the packages that exist are exciting and that some of them
represent a step forwards even when compared to more established
languages.

 However, much that I hate frameworks (personal opinion not meant to
offend), they are very good for plugins that touch different layers of
an application (e.g data storage, routing and HTML generation). I
can't see a way things like Django style user management or admin
screens can be done by libraries.

Frameworks are also very good for rapid prototyping. You usually pay
for such power with inflexibility but Rails and Django seem to hit a
sweet spot where you can develop a website fast and still run a
business on them.

Saul