Inspired by Rich asking folks to try 1.3 / master at the Bay Area
meetup last night...

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Stuart Sierra
<the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You'll need to adjust the version numbers for the Clojure
> dependencies.  These are configured in clojure-contrib/modules/parent/
> pom.xml at the line:
>
>  <properties>
>    <clojure.version>1.2.0</clojure.version>
>
> Change that to 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT for the latest snapshot (including the
> ones you build locally) or set it to a specific snapshot version
> number from
> http://build.clojure.org/snapshots/org/clojure/clojure/1.3.0-master-SNAPSHOT/

I tried that with 1.3.0-master-SNAPSHOT and got:

[INFO] [clojure:compile {execution: compile-clojure}]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: clojure/lang/Compile

I cloned Clojure master and did ant, mvn install and I'm able to run
lein deps with :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure
"1.3.0-master-SNAPSHOT"]] and projects run fine. So that part seems
fine.

I then got Clojure contrib master to build / install with Clojure
1.2.0 but then I couldn't figure out how to specify the dependency in
lein - it kept going off looking for remote versions of the
SNAPSHOT... Are we supposed to depend on specific modules now or is
there an overall contrib dependency we can use?

So, I guess, two questions:
* If I build contrib master against Clojure 1.2.0 (which works), how
do I specify the dependencies in lein?
* How do I successfully build contrib master against Clojure
1.3.0-master-SNAPSHOT?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/