On 20 Dec 2010, at 21:43, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

For me, a native-code implementation of Clojure would be of interest for interfacing with libraries written in C, C++, and Fortran. The same goal could probably be achieved otherwise (compiling Java bytecode to native code, or simply a JVM with a better native interface than JNI), but at the moment I see no satisfying solution.

Have you looked at JNA? <https://jna.dev.java.net/>

Not much myself, but I talked to someone who explored it more in- depth. He found some feature missing that was important for his application, but I don't remember what exactly it was. I'll have to explore myself...