On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM, nicolas.o...@gmail.com <
nicolas.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure I get you. COuld you elaborate a bit more this example,
> please?
> Which tail-call functions are you trying to replace by a and b?
> Nicolas.

Those are mutual recursive functions. Trying to define them as regular
functions will quickly result in a stack overflow.

You could use trampoline but in my experience you will take a significant
performance hit.

Lazy sequences are a way to efficiently represent mutually recursive
computations w/o TCO.

David