On Feb 12, 9:51 pm, Michael Gardner <gardne...@gmail.com> wrote:
-snip-

> Those are all good, but ...

Before I pointed out that code size was already shown, you thought
just including such a measure would possibly "do the trick" but now
that seems not to be good enough for you.

> how many people actually look at anything beyond the fastest implementation
> for a given language? To some extent this is their problem, sure, ...

Their problem? Isn't it their choice?

> but it's not helped by the prominence the shootout site gives to the fastest
> implementations in various places.

The site name is given prominence - The Computer Language Benchmarks
Game - but if that isn't what someone wants to see they'll use a
different name.

> In the first place, I'm not even sure what the purpose of all that data is.

There's a response to that at the very top of the Help page.

-snip-
> If it's just for entertainment (as the word "game" seems to imply),

There's a response to that misunderstanding at the foot of the Help
page.

> In my opinion, it's simply not meaningful nor interesting to compare the
> fastest implementations across different languages.
-snip-

You're welcome to your opinion.

> Perhaps each language could have one "best" implementation selected by the
> community or by a panel of judges; then the default or most prominent
> comparisons could use these "best" implementations rather than the fastest
> ones.
-snip-

I look forward to seeing you publish the results of your proposed
project.