Part of my underlying concern is one of branding and not directly based
on concerns about measuring and/or quantifying the quality of an
ecosystem.

I fully recognize that we could call the next iteration of Clojure "2.0"
and would be well within our rights. My point has been that calling it
2.0 may give people the impression that developing in the language is
seamless and well-polished. When they find out that it's not, Clojure
may experience some backlash.

(What's more, if Clojure wants to continue adding backwards-incompatible
features at the same rate that it is now, it would not be advisable to
bump the major version just yet.)

That said, I don't have a real problem saying the language itself is
2.0-worthy.

David