Hi,

On 24 Mrz., 13:09, Baishampayan Ghose <b.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Clojure won't have existed if the people here were satisfied with Java.

I think, there is a difference between "hate" and "dissatisfaction."

IMHO the Java bashing is overrated. Coming from a polyglot-but-non-
java background, I didn't have much trouble getting things running. Is
the CLASSPATH really so much different to the PYTHONPATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or even the plain old PATH itself? When you work with
the JVM (or the CLR; for that matter) you need some knowledge about
it. And then stop fighting the system but adapt to it.

"Heck, why do I have to refuel my car every other week? I even have to
know which type of gasoline or - *gasp* - Diesel to use." No one
seriously says such things. Why do we do it with the JVM?

That does not mean, that Java and/or the JVM is perfect, but neither
is Clojure. Things can - and should - be improved.

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional.

Sincerely
Meikel