I'm toying around with clojure-clr, and it seems to work great. But
getting started is a bit challenging to say the least (which may very
well be because of me beeing rookie with .net/clr as well). Anyway,
I've managed to find an example using the Windows Forms API, a simple
hello world example:

(import '(System.Reflection Assembly))
(Assembly/LoadWithPartialName "System.Windows.Forms")
(ns helloworld
        (:import (System.Windows.Forms MessageBox)))
(MessageBox/Show "Hello world")

Runs fine under the latest 1.3 build of clojure-clr at least.

But I have yet to find any examples or get anything working using the
WPF APIs instead, which seems to be the direction Windows is heading.
Most WPF examples assumes using Visual Studio with it's GUI builder
and/or XML files. It is possible to do programmatically as well, so in
theory it should work fine with clojure. Most minimal examples of
programmatic WPF applications in C# just creates and shows a Window.
But when I try to do similar stuff in clojure-clr, there seems to be
some plumbing needed.

I haven't figured it all out yet, but it seem necessary to set up the
proper threading environment (SPF thread for GUI or something like
it), and try to create a window from that thread.

Needless to say, I'm struggling a bit and though I would ask this
community if anybody had a working example or links to such, for
starting out with clojure-clr and WPF.

Thanks,

Marius K.