This seems great.  The $20 bothers me, not because I don't want to pay it, I
would gladly donate this meager amount for such a useful resource.  There's
just something in poor taste about not making this open to everyone.  And
there's an implicit camaraderie and good will that developer communities
have come to expect that makes this paywall seem weird and unwelcoming.  If
you framed this as a donation, with access not contingent on donation, it
would be perfectly fine-- and people might actually use it.