Hi George,

I'm a bit further forward than I was before :-)

On 25 Apr 2011, at 15:41, George Jahad wrote:

> strange.  haven't seen that one before.
>
> can you and jeff send me your project.clj file, and a directory
> listing of your lib and lib/dev directories?
>
> also what operating system/version/java vm are you using?

Here's my global cake directory - see that it has pulled in the source and cdt
jars (these will be made available to all clojure projects started with cake)

λ tree ~/.cake
/Users/sam/.cake
├── build
├── classes
├── config
├── lib
│   ├── clojure-1.2.0.jar
│   ├── clojure-contrib-1.2.0.jar
│   ├── clojure-source-1.2.0.jar
│   ├── deps.clj
│   └── dev
│       ├── cdt-1.2.6.1-20110417.030036-6.jar
│       ├── debug-repl-0.3.1.jar
│       └── swank-clojure-1.4.0-20110417.030036-3.jar
├── pom.xml
├── project.clj
├── run
└── stable_version

5 directories, 11 files

the global project.clj file that pulled this stuff down is as follows:

(defproject global "0.0.0"
  :description "Don't rename this project, but you can change the version if
you want."
  :dependencies [[clojure "1.2.0"]
                 [clojure-contrib "1.2.0"]
                 [clojure-source "1.2.0"]]
  :dev-dependencies [[swank-clojure "1.4.0-SNAPSHOT"]])

I also have a project.clj for a blank project:

(defproject foo "0.0.1-SNAPSHOT"
  :description "TODO: add summary of your project"
  :dependencies [[clojure "1.2.0"]])

Notice that I don't include either swank-clojure or the jvm opts stuff here -
swank-clojure is dealt with by the global project, and cake doesn't seem to
honour jvm opts in the project.clj, it asks you to place them in your
.cake/config:

jvm.opts = -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n

The project lib is also pretty sparse:

λ ls lib
clojure-1.2.0.jar deps.clj

OK, with that all configured, and set up, I start a swank server and try the
following:

user> (use 'swank.cdt)
warning: unabled to add tools.jar to classpath. This may cause CDT
initialization to fail.
Clearing CDT event requests and continuing.
Swank CDT release 1.4.0a started

Notice how this time I'm getting the CDT starting which is further than before
- this was because I had forgotten that cake requires the jvm opts in its own
config file.  I'm also no longer seeing that stack trace.

However, I'm still seeing the tools.jar error - is this a major problem?

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name