On 25 Apr 2011, at 19:34, George Jahad wrote:

>> When I press e the mini buffer prompts me to "Eval in frame:" and I
>> propmpty type s1 to see the following error in the minibuffer:
>> Unexpected exception generated: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>> Invalid method This stuff is all new to me, so I'm likely to be
>> doing something silly.
>
> I doubt that.  Most likely you have a fairly complicated installation,
> whose problems i haven't experienced yet.

That's pretty unlikely unless it is specifically cake that's the issue. I was
running in a completely new and empty project with nothing except clojure and
swank-clojure as deps.

> Sam, can I suggest we eliminate those installation issues by
> experimenting with a known working project, e.g. logos and seeing if
> that works for you?

This seems to work perfectly :-) No tools.jar errors and I can examine the
contents of s1 and s2 - Great stuff! This is really exciting :-)

However, if I create a fresh new logos clone, modify the project.clj again, and
pull the deps with cake, add the .cake/config jvm.opts line and start a swank
server I get the same issues I saw before:

* A tools.jar warning
* An exception when trying to eval s1

I think that this is pretty clearly a cake issue. I do think it would be cool
if this worked out of the box with both lein and cake. I like lein, but cake
has better native dependency support which I find extremely useful for my
projects.

Have any of the cake devs tried the CDT stuff yet? How might I help debug this?

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name