On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Chas Emerick <cemer...@snowtide.com> wrote:
> That's interesting; I very intentionally built in "proper" support for
> browser back/forward actions (as you discovered), thinking that that would be
> a good local maxima in terms of history navigation.

I guess I could get used to splat-[ / splat-] as the hot keys for that
(RockMelt on Mac OS X).

> FWIW, click-and-hold on the back or forward buttons in your browser will give
>you the "breadcrumbs" you're looking for.

Hmm... that means taking the mouse out of the atlas and interacting
with the chrome of its surroundings...

> I'd like to plumb at this up/down notion a bit.  Perhaps it's not clear, but
> the ontology is not a hierarchy – there absolutely are cycles in its graph.
> For example:
>
> http://www.clojureatlas.com/org.clojure:clojure:1.2.0?guest=Y#clojure.core/isa?
>
> Which way is "up" (or "down") from isa? here?

It was more relative to the browser history. I start at Clojure, I go
off exploring, I find myself on some node with no obvious direct edge
to something I was looking at before. If I could hit 'up' and go back
in the history to the last thing connected to what I'm focused on...

Maybe I just need to spend more time with it and just get used to the
way it works now...

> As you say, 1.2.0 contrib is large, but "new contrib" is likely to get much,
> much larger (presumably larger than the standard library) since contributing
> to it is far easier than classic contrb.

Really? I thought "new contrib" was more tightly controlled and
subject to more Clojure/core approval. Mind you, we had ~60 old
contrib libraries and we already have close to 30 new contrib
libraries so you may well be right...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/