Don't know if it counts as "large", but I'm running a 20,000+ LOC
project for a 100%-Clojure web app at www.wusoup.com.

My 2c: I'm not an experienced developer by any stretch of the
imagination; this is something I'm working on completely alone, and
yet I've so far found the whole thing incredibly manageable. I'd
attribute that largely to Clojure.

Then again, I only noticed this thread because of its relation to the
"unknown constant tag" one ;p

I'd like to open-source the whole app at some stage (or at least some
large parts of it), but I'm also always happy to answer any questions
from the perspective of someone using exclusively Clojure for a small
(but hopefully growing) "production" application.

One of the things I've most enjoyed about Clojure (and it being
functional) is the ease with which I can bash on a function in the
REPL during development: testing it with all sorts of weird/nil input,
making sure that it'll be well behaved even if something else along
the way gets confused.

The modularity I can get with "functional" functions is reassuring for
me as a lone developer since once I've written something and it's gone
through that "bashing" stage- I'm normally pretty confident that it's
more or less "right". I very rarely end up needing to come back to fix
problems related to unexpected input, etc.

Most of the time when I need to "fix" a function it's because I simply
had the wrong idea about what it actually needed to do, rather than
because it was doing it wrong. If that makes any sense.

For a large project I think you probably need to be more disciplined
with something like Clojure than, say, Java. But that's the whole
"with great power" thing again: I think you get something valuable in
return for being asked to exercise some discipline.

Can't really comment on how easily Clojure works for large groups of
developers as such. The flexibility thing might start losing it's
charm when you have 10 different coding styles competing with one
another under time constraints, etc. (where discipline starts to go
out the window in favour of "getting stuff done").

- Peter Taoussanis