Hello Stu,

I think the "clear no options getting started path" should include a
tutorial and focus on the repl and using a *generic* text editor. A
downloadable archive file (zip and tar) that included things like
jline, clojure jars, and some scripts (.sh *and* .bat) to just start
it would allow somebody to party right away.

This package should include a basic tutorial on how to use the repl,
including

* The basics of the repl -> simple expressions, functions, simple Java
interaction
* a repl cheat sheet
* Any nifty (extra) features bundled with it, e.g: how to javadoc
* Explain why a repl is beneficial
* Some higher level strategies for benefiting from the repl

Then include zero or more tutorials on clojure itself with the
package. Zero might be best, and just put the basic tutorials online.

This package should be stable. Don't change it willy-nilly. Don't fix
it unless its broken. Don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading. If
people want to move on to Emacs and swank or slime or whatever, or an
ide or start using a build tool, then they will seek those out, but
right now that's all a lot of noise that gets in the way of starting
with the language because there's so much flux in the state of
tooling, which is not a bad thing for the experienced, but it leads to
tail chasing on the part of noob.

If its stable, then other people can write other tutorials/guides that
build off of it w/o worrying about them becoming obsolete.

I think I could put together a zip that had a basic environment, but I
know I don't know enough to know what else belongs in it.

Thanks,
Bill