I don't see any reason for it to include !=, which can be implemented
as (not (= a b)). Conversely, <= could be implemented as (or (< a b)
(= a b)), but if either of those is expensive operations he gives you
a chance to do a more-optimized <=. There's not much point in forcing
people to implement not= for each data type, if it can be implemented
once elsewhere.