From: Timothy Washington <twash...@gmail.com>
Sender: clojure@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:08:28
To: <clojure@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Rounding the edges of an Emacs beginner

Far out - this is great stuff. Thanks guys.

Wrt to moving down (or up) a block, vim-style, what I mean is the following
(all functionality in 'Command Mode').

In Vim , you press *Ctrl-d* and *Ctrl-u* to go down and up a block
respectively. Depending on the size of your window, it moves the cursor
about 1/3rd of the way down (or up) the screen. This is very handy to have
when just browsing a buffer. You can be more precise by pressing 37k, to
move the cursor up 37 lines, etc.

For whatever reason, I haven't been able to find something similar in
Emacs.

Tim