This has been a fascinating discussion, thanks to everyone involved.

I do kind of feel like complaining about indentation in Clojure is like
complaining that Ruby has too many parentheses ( shut up, they're
optional!).

I still feel like a big part of 'readability' comes down to personal
preference. Python is often the canonical example of a readable language,
but I find significant whitespace offensive, and other 'features' just
terribly limiting. I spend most of my time coding in Ruby, which is very
readable (for me), but I enjoy reading and writing Clojure equally well, if
not more.

One side-effect of Clojure's 'difficulty', for me at least, is being forced
to think harder. This is a good thing. Homoiconicity was never a feature
geared toward easiness, but rather power and simplicity.

Anyhow, thanks for this discussion. I've enjoyed it.

Jason

http://blog.japila.pl/2012/03/block-scanner-from-let-over-lambda-in-clojure

> > Take a look at how indented the code is after merely 10 lines of code.
 We