This has nothing to do directly with Clojure :)

The JVM needs to load the class(es) involved.
It involves obtaining the class files from disk or cache if lucky (an already
opened jar file ?).
Then some wiring has to be done to insure that the references needed from the
class(es) are met,
After these steps then optimizations can kick in so future calls are optimized
if
necessary.

The Clojure merely spits out classes like the Java compiler does.

Luc

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!