> Hm. I do have the feeling, that we do not understand each other.

Code is always unambigous.
I give an example, and give my question another run.

(ns p.x
 (:gen-class
  :methods [ ^{:static true} [f [] String] ]))

(defn -f [] "hello, world")

Fire up a REPL, make sure, p/x.clj is in your classpath, as well as
classes (the default value of *compile-path*) and do

user=> (compile p.x)

Go out of the repl, cd into classes and do a

$ jar cf a.jar *

package e;

import p.x;

public final class E {
    for (int i = 0; i < 100; ++i) {
      System.out.println(x.f());
    }
}

Fire up the java compiler (javac) on that Java source code, making sure,
that
he can find a.jar.

Now run E with the java launcher, making sure than a.jar and clojure.jar
are in its classpath.
Something like so:

$ java -cp a.jar:clojure.jar:./classes  e.E

Observation:
The first hello world, takes a second or so to appear.
The 99 following are coming super fast, like always.

Question:
1. Am I doing something wrong or disadvantegous, and that
   is an explanation for the delay ?
2. If not, does this delay happen only once in a given JVM ?

Thanks for your help.

Heinz.