+1, excellent summary of the key points.

We got rid of Spring, Hibernate et cie for the same reasons. They were somewhat
needed in Java but in Clojure we found that they were cumbersome to use and
brought little value.

We realized along the way that some generated Java code (Hibernate is a good
example) was buggy and needed to be maintained by hand.

If even the generated code to glue things together is buggy, were is the gain ?
You end up having to maintain it...

We cut our backend code by a magnitude of more than 15 times by switching to
100%
Clojure and getting rid of the frameworks. Now down to 15000 sloc and less
dependencies to track...

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!