Let me add a couple more thoughts.  I hung out on the TurboGears project a
few years ago because I thought they were heading in a good direction.
They use templating engines (Genshi), and I like that idea.  One framework;
many templates.  They also made a major redesign decision mid stream, so
there might be valuable lessons to be learned there.

Secondly, don't let the Clojure community get into the mess that the
Haskell community is in right now.  I'm not saying it's anyone's fault, but
the tools, versions, editors, everything is way out of wack.  Nothing seems
to want to work together.  That doesn't mean we all have to sing the same
song, but pick a design, fork a few things, and head in one direction.  If
you bring the right attitude, have a good design that is well built and
highly useful, the community will follow.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.