> I'm sorry but given Clojure/core's track record of *actions* (or lack of
> them, rather) this
> sounds a bit offensive to people who are not Clojure/core members, Clojure
> committers or "screeners".

Adding source annotations to a Github project's source base and starting an
IRC channel have nothing to do with being a commiter, core member or even
having a CA.  The former reduces the friction of offering minor
changes.You'll recall that I said nothing about the speed of Core.   I
prefer to discuss things that I have control over.

The current process is broken in many ways:

>From your perspective perhaps.  There are others whom disagree.  Can there
be improvements?  Definitely.  I offered two.

> To make matters worse, Clojure/core consistently avoids discussing these
> issues in public

I would guess because their position hasn't changed since the last time.
 This is only speculation.  A page like what Anthony proposes could help,
but it wouldn't satisfy everyone.  Stuart Sierra wrote up something
related, but it doesn't cover everything discussed here
http://clojure.com/blog/2012/02/17/clojure-governance.html

Saying "we are all friends here" is a bit optimistic and does not cut it.

It is very optimistic.  Guilty as charged.  I would say that saying Core
doesn't care is very pessimistic.

--
-- http://blog.fogus.me
-- http://github.com/fogus